Thursday, August 18, 2011

Out of the Comfort Zone

So, you might ask... where have I been lately? Well, I have been worling hard this summer building my photography business and am excited about how it is growing. This past week I had three sessions: two high school seniors and one fellow photographer from Miami. The former were in my comfort zone. I love teenagers. As a teacher I am surrounded by them 8 hours a day. I get them. I enjoy them. I am recharged and inspired by them. And while having two sessions on the same day, 12 hours apart is no tthe ideal scheduling... it was fun and relaxing photographing the two teens.
 Well... it was relaxing as 98 degree Florida heat can be... : )

Two days later, I had a session with the photographer. She was in town visiting with some friends and had contacted me a month prior. I knew that the session would be different and that I would be stretched. So I agreed. And it WAS different. I loved that she was someone who was comfortable with her body and knew how to position herself. I loved that she was comfortable with a camera... albeit, usually on the other side of the lens. What was out of my comfort zone was the edgy feel of it. I am used to a more soft look. And so I ttok the plunge and went for it. And I liked it. I liked the strength that is portrayed through her. And I liked that I, myself, grew stronger as a photographer because of her.

For more (and to see the photos), click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment